Protect your Lip Flip procedure
A lip flip is a nonsurgical procedure that makes your lips appear fuller. Your healthcare provider injects botulinum toxin into the corners of your mouth (oral commissures) and the edges of your lips (vermillion border).
Many people who get a lip flip wish to make the size of their lips appear larger. You may wish to get a lip flip for many reasons, including:
- You want your lips to look fuller. As you age, your lips may get smaller or thinner, your philtrum (the groove between your upper lip and septum) may get longer and flatter and the distance between the corners of your mouth (intercommissural distance) may increase.
- You don’t want lip fillers or lip augmentation. These procedures change the volume and shape of your lips. They’re more expensive, and there’s generally more bruising and swelling.
- You want to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Botox relaxes your muscles, which can reduce the appearance of wrinkles when you make facial expressions.
- You want your lips to cover your gums more. You may be self-conscious if your upper lip reveals too much of your gums (excessive gingival display) when you smile.
- You want to boost your confidence. A lip flip can help improve your self-esteem and body image.
Why is a lip flip done?
A lip flip won’t stop the aging process or structure of your lips, but it makes your lips look fuller without adding volume. It can help you achieve a desired look, which can boost your self-esteem.
Over time, you may lose volume in your lips. You may lose volume as a result of:
- Sun damage.
How long does a lip flip last?
The effects of Botox will eventually fade. A lip flip typically lasts between two to five months.
(Source: Cleveland Clinic)
Extend the integrity of your lip flip by using LipSips.
LipSips prevents the pursing of your lips which is a primary contributor to wrinkles. Use LipSips to get the most out of your lip flip procedure.